WHY WORK FOR RRA ARCHITECTS
• We value honest communication.
• We are open to ideas and creativity.
• We strive to exceed expectations not just meet them.
• We enjoy our jobs and encourage a happy environment.
• We like to celebrate victories, even little ones.
But don’t take our word for it, this is what our most recent Part I placement said:
“At RRA they focus on ensuring each employee is well looked after and encourages team work throughout the practice. Great Architectural company to work for!” A. Snowdon
At RRA we pride ourselves on having an exceptional team who enjoy working together and helping each other when needed. We recognise that a company’s greatest asset is it’s work force and we are committed to the growth and development of each team member.
The successful candidates need to be professional, presentable and hard-working. In addition to the standard requirements for each position the candidate will be expected to take an active role in being part of the team and assisting others. Also, to be prepared to ‘go above and beyond’ attending events, helping with marketing and demonstrating a committed attitude to the business.
RRA has an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Level Architect to head up our Gloucestershire Office
Reporting to: Director (s)
Responsible for: Project Team (Architects/Assistant Architects)
Objective of the Role:
• Management of projects and assisting the Director(s) in all aspects of the business
• Resource, co-ordinate and lead RRA projects through RIBA Work Stages 0-7
• Provide support on project running and technical assistance
• Participate in future business strategy development
• Develop new business and engage new client leads, promote the business via personal and social media networks
• Actively mentor junior team members
• Ensure effective communications across the Company
• Show excellent client service skills and communication at all times
• Abide by the ARB code of Architects
• Be honest, competent and act with integrity at all times
• Be the main client liaison alongside the Director
• Responsible for fee proposals, programme, office resourcing and project delivery.
• Engage new client leads and attend enquiry meetings
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to work unaided and unsupported under pressure to meet deadlines
• Act as Lead Architect on numerous projects
• Ensure monthly fees are achieved as per pipeline and be actively involved in financial health of the company
• Undertake staff liaison and manage the teams workflow and deadlines to ensure the quality of service.
• Take part in staff appraisals and assist the Business Manager with HR issues if required
• Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and go ‘above and beyond’ – exceeding client’s expectations
• Actively attend networking events
• Actively contribute to marketing; supply images, content and/or ideas for marketing purposes
• Attend and contribute to Senior Management Team meetings and business planning
• Attend CPDs for both personal development and that of the company
• Project a positive, professional image of oneself and RRA to others
• Operate within the Company’s policies and procedures
Ideally you will be a Qualified Architect or Architectural Technician with minimum 5 years of experience and with natural business acumen to help in the running of the company.
We are looking for someone who is looking for a long term career move with excellent company prospects.
You must have:
• Excellent communication skills essential
• Experience of leading multiple project teams
• Proficient in CAD (ideally Vectorworks)
• Constantly receive good client feedback and satisfaction
• Consider the wider impact of your work
• Ensure effective self-management and organisation in order to meet all deadlines
• Demonstrate good relationships with and show respect for all through your working role; clients, the team, planners, consultants, suppliers and colleagues.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to an increased workload RRA Architects has vacancies for a Fully Qualified Architect, an Architectural Technician and Part I/Part II Architectural Assistants to join its award winning architectural team.
Working with RRA will provide you with exposure to all RIBA stages within a range of project sectors, including Residential, Commercial and Education. It would involve you working on projects from conception through to completion, liaising directly with private clients, local authorities and consultants, designing concepts and producing packages for planning, building control and construction.
* Be qualified to the appropriate level for the position
* Be fluent in spoken & written technical English
* Excellent internal and external communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Excellent CAD software skills (Vectorworks preferred).
* Excellent organisation and project management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
* Full UK driving licence and car.
* Have a ‘can-do’ attitude
Nice to have:
* Previous experience of creating Design and Access and Heritage statements.
* Knowledge of UK building regulations and planning policies.
* Knowledge of Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop, would be an advantage.
Please apply, stating which role you are interested in along with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com